Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments

2008-03-30 02:16:35
Brian E Carpenter <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

Simon,

On 2008-03-29 22:10, Simon Josefsson wrote:
this?  However, if a license meet the requirements of OSD/FSD/DFSG,

I don't believe it is appropriate for an IETF BCP to contain
an open-ended dependency on whatever future requirements three
other organizations might publish. That's why it seems
necessary and sufficient that the BCP sets out the goals.

If the trust uses a software license for code that doesn't meet the
requirements in, say, the DFSG, would you consider that a failure?  If
that happens, Debian cannot include such code.

Using the NPOSL3.0 as the software license, which I read Ray's message
to imply was being considered, would be one way to prevent Debian from
using the code.

I would agree that the references should be for a specific version of
the documents, if that is your point.

/Simon