Randy Presuhn wrote:
From: "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im>
To: "Ted Hardie" <hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments
And how do we provide suggestions to the Trustees in a formal manner?
If it's only a suggestion, what's the point of making it formal?
By providing suggestions in a formal way, I mean that I have questions
such as the following...
1. The website http://trustee.ietf.org/ provides no information about
how to communicate with the Trustees, other than listing the email
address iad(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Is that email address intended for
with all the Trustees?
2. Are email messages sent to that address acknowledged?
3. How can one be sure that suggestions provided via that email address
are in fact considered by the Trustees?
4. Are the agendas of Trust meetings posted in advance? If so, where,
and how far in advance?
5. How can members of the Internet community provide input regarding
agenda items, in advance of Trust meetings?
Given the fact that the Trust is supposed to meet on the 3rd Wednesday
of each month but that as of today the most recent minutes posted at
http://trustee.ietf.org/minutes.html are from 2007-06-21, I cannot say
that I have much confidence regarding the Trust's commitment to open
communication regarding its activities.
But if answers to the foregoing questions are posted somewhere and I
have missed them, please do point me in the right direction.
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
IETF mailing list