RE: WG Review: NETCONF Data Modeling Language (netmod)

2008-04-22 14:14:06
W.r.t.
All this is great stuff, but it all happened after the BOF, so
you can't reasonably claim that it represents BOF consensus.
And since BOFs are our primary mechanism for open, cross area
assessment for WG formation, I don't think it's accurate to suggest
that this is anywhere as near as open as actually having the
discussion in the BOF and gettting consensus, nor is it a substitute
for that.

I do not think that forming a WG MANDATES a BOF.
Several WGs have been formed (in the past) without a BOF.

So pls do not depict a story as if a BOF is the only way how we
reach consensus in IETF on teh question of forming a WG or not.

Bert