Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base (Basic Specification for IP ...

2008-05-01 08:11:50

Sounds good.
But let me also suggest that this group does also participate in the  RRG
activities:
I know how badly the orthogonality between intra- and inter-domain routing
hampers rerouting.
Unfortunately this is a severe obstacle we have to  live with, given the
current link-state versus distance vector   paradigms. But when research (not
engineering) for a future architecture is in  stake, such anachronism should be
overcome.

IBM TV-commercials show truckers, lost in the dessert, who suggest to ask
their transport goods where they were. IMO, routers shouldn't get in similar
trouble as to ask the Google-map application they are just servicing :-)

Heiner

In einer eMail vom 30.04.2008 14:40:56 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com:

Beginning

Stewart

HeinerHummel(_at_)aol(_dot_)com wrote:
 Question: Is the accomplishment of this document considered to be the
 end or rather the beginning of activities on the rerouting topic  ?

Heiner

In einer eMail vom  29.04.2008 22:35:53 Westeuropäische Normalzeit
schreibt  iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org:

    The IESG has  received a request from the Routing Area Working
     Group WG
    (rtgwg) to consider the following  document:

    - 'Basic Specification for IP  Fast-Reroute: Loop-free Alternates '
        <draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-12.txt> as a Proposed  Standard

    The IESG plans to make a decision  in the next few weeks, and solicits
    final comments  on this action.  Please send substantive comments
  to the
    ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by  2008-05-13. Exceptionally,
    comments may be sent to  iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either
case, please
     retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated  sorting.

    The file can be obtained  via

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-spec-base-12.txt

  IESG discussion can be tracked via

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=12272&rfc_flag=0