Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-19.txt

2008-05-08 16:29:17
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-19.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

you may receive.

comments.

Minor
=====

* Section 3.2

It is not clear to me why the NAS receives and echoes back the
Basic-Location-Policy-Rules and Extended-Location-Policy-Rules
Attributes from the Access-Challenge, especially since these are opaque
to the NAS.

* Section 4.2

- Does not define the values of the Code field. This is explained later
in Section 4.3. It may be better to move the definition into this Section

- This text does not read very well

     Index (16 bits):

       The 16-bit unsigned integer value allows this attribute
       to provide information relating to the information included
       in the Location-Data Attribute to which it refers (via the Index).

I recommend rephrasing it to something like

     Index (16 bits):

       This is a 16-bit unsigned integer value that is used to identify
       the corresponding Location-Data Attribute(with the same index).

* Section 4.7

The numerical values of the types of location are enclosed in single
quotes like this. e.g. for CIVIC_LOCATION

"A numerical value of this token is '1'."

This is confusing because earlier use of this quoted text (Operator
namespace ID) '1' refers to the numeric value 0x31. I feel it is better
to remove the quotes in this section.

* IANA Considerations

- Replace "Operations Area Director" with "Operations Area Directors"

- The IANA guidance for section 8.6 is fuzzy. It is not at all clear
from this section that the next value to allocate is 64,128... (This is
clear to me from reading section 4.7). Wouldn't it be a better idea to
redefine this field to be a set of 32 numbered bit flags and assign a
meaning to each one of them?

Editorial
=========

* Replace reference to RFC3041 with one to RFC4941 that obsoletes RFC3041.

*
Cheers
Suresh