Randomness of Message-ID in IMDN

2008-05-14 09:28:40
Thanks for your very, very quick review!  On the one open item for
discussion, Message-ID, I would offer (1) it is not a do-or-die
situation but that (2) using a cryptographically secure random number
generator. achieves the same result with better properties.  Again, I
will defer back to you: I know the work group will push back strong if
a cryptographically secure random number generator is a resource hog.

Are there memory / CPU efficient cryptographically secure random
number generators? Should we give guidance to the range of numbers
(i.e., 32-bits, 512-bits, 6 digits, etc.)?