Re: Appeal against IESG blocking DISCUSS on draft-klensin-rfc2821bis

2008-06-17 10:08:52

On 6/17/2008 9:45 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:
Hi David,

Thank you for sharing this information.  Now that the community knows
this, perhaps this will be an option when there are snags in the
process in future.

Folks keep missing the point:  The current situation is not about
lacking creativity or options.  It is about having rules but failing to
follow them or inventing them on the fly.

I am not claiming that not having precedence (which is now corrected to
widely-known precedence) is the only problem.  However, there is a point
here in that if one or two ADs are "failing to follow [rules] or
inventing them on the fly," what are the rest of the IESG members doing?

I have received a few responses, offline and in this thread to that
question.

regards,
Lakshminath

What David's note underscores is that it is entirely possible to take
even a difficult Discuss and attempt to pursue it actively and
constructively.

His seeking to assess consensus within the IESG is an exemplary case of
trying to work as a team rather than an 'expert' individual.

d/