Re: Operation permissions on Read-Only objects in a table

2008-06-24 13:28:32
Hi -

From: "Aditya JAIN" <aditya(_dot_)jain(_at_)st(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:56 AM
Subject: Operation permissions on Read-Only objects in a table
Suppose we have a table in which some objects are read-only, and at least
one columnar object which has MAX- ACCESS = read-create. Does this imply
that we cannot delete that instance row by setting status to "destroy", if
we have created one?

No.

See the DESCRIPTION of RowStatus in RFC 2579.  Successfully setting a
RowStatus object to "destroy" deletes all the corresponding instances
in a row, regardless of their  MAX-ACCESS.

Randy