Re: Last Call: draft-reschke-webdav-search (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) SEARCH) to Proposed Standard

2008-07-17 09:42:59
The IESG wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) SEARCH '
   <draft-reschke-webdav-search-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

I have reviewed that document and I strongly support its advancement.

All my comments have been properly discussed in www-webdav-dasl(_at_)w3(_dot_)org and they were appropriately addressed.
Particularly, I have no unresolved issues about draft-reschke-webdav-search-17.

As an author of draft-godoy-webdav-xmlsearch (a proposed query grammar for WebDAV SEARCH), I have found the SEARCH extension mechanisms are well-designed and they provide interoperability by allowing clients to discover which extensions are implemented.

It is worth noting that issues mentioned in Appendix B (Candidates for Future Protocol Extensions) would provide additional functionalities. These issues are by no means showstoppers: implementations of WebDAV SEARCH (and DAV:basicsearch query grammar) are useful enough without them being resolved.

Best Regards

Javier Godoy