Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-17 20:14:43

what is interesting to me is the weekend factor.
for nearly a decade, I've been going to mtgs the
wkend before the start of IETF - workshops, training sessions,
sidebars, RSSAC mtgs, etc.

about five years ago, the -other- suite of interesting/useful
meetings  started occuring the weekend -after- the
IETF was finished - more workshops, training sessions,
interop testing, OARC meetings, IRTF etc.

IETF working group meetings, per se, during the week
became less interesting, since actual work occured
the weekend before and the weekend after.

YMMV of course.

--
--bill