RE: request for comments -- how to?

2008-07-28 09:31:16
I have an idea for a new anonymous routing protocall -- and I
was wondering what I should do to get input. I was told by
some people to post here.

First Steps
interested in your protocol by talking about it in places where this
kind of person hangs out.

Next Steps
protocol design, then have a look at this page
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html>. Find out which area you
think your work belongs in and send a message to one of the ADs (Area
Directors) asking them what you need to do to change your discussion
group into an IETF working group.

Focus on the first steps for now because if you can't get over that
hurdle without IETF help then you probably don't have something that
belongs in an IETF working group.

--Michael Dillon