Re: draft-rfc-image-files-00.txt

2008-08-23 00:34:47
John C Klensin wrote:
Personal opinions only: I have not polled my esteemed co-author,
nor the contributors from the Editorial Board, and we may not
agree.

My hope is that we can discuss and figure out whether the
community likes and will accept the general idea.   Your
"interesting way to go", even if not conclusive, seems to align
with that first step.

As a contributor to the xml2rfc toolset (rfc2629.xslt), I'm always interested in ways to make the document format more usable.

The proposal is very conservative, in that it seems to try to make the smallest possible change to allow real figures. That's fine.

On the other hand, I'd really love if we could make a bigger step (like using a subset of XHTML as markup, allowing in-line raster graphics (such as PNGs) and allowing a bigger character repertoire, at least for author contact information, references etc).

BR, Julian