Re: IETF Chair / IESG Chair / General Area nomination

2008-09-15 17:51:26
I deviated from the text that Pete proposed.  I should tell everyone
why I did so.

Two years ago, when I was nominated for the position, it was unclear
whether I would be able to find a sponsor.  It all worked out, but it
was a bit frustrating for all concerned until the sponsorship
situation was nailed down.  This time around, my sponsor has already
indicated a willingness to continue.

But of curse, in this world, there are no 100% guarantees, and it is
not possible to anticipate every possible event that might impact my
ability to server another term.  For this reason, I strongly
encourage anyone else that might be interested in this position to
put their name forward.  Please give NomCom list of people from which
to choose.

Once again, please send the NomCom whatever negative or positive
feedback you have regarding my nomination for  IETF Chair / IESG
Chair / General Area Director.

Thanks,
   Russ