Re: draft-hoffman-utf8-rfcs-03.txt

2008-10-06 17:26:04
At 2:38 PM -0400 10/6/08, John C Klensin wrote:
(1) A mailing list for discussion is not designated.  While I
would normally suggested rfc-interest, the document appears to
be written on the assumption that approval of this proposal
rests with the IETF (presumably via the IESG) and IAOC and not
with the RFC Editor (with presumed review by the IAB), so I am
sending to this list.

An earlier thread had already moved the discussion to rfc-interest, and I think
it is more productive to have this discussed in one place. There is already an
active discussion going on over there. I will put a note to that effect in the
-04 version.

If the document moves to IETF Last Call, it will certainly get discussed here.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium