Re: Second Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms (Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen identity-based Encryption Algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Proposed Standard

2008-10-21 04:47:20

SM wrote:

As there seems to be only one implementation and very little public
discussion about the draft, I don't see why it should be on the
Standards Track.

I don't see any pressing need to publish these at all, especially given
the (unfriendly IMO) IPR disclosure and (what I believe) is the total
lack of any demand for this technology. I'd be for not publishing them.

Is this a case of I-Ds whose only real purpose is to stoke the marketing
machine of the IPR-holders? If so, is that something we should ignore or
push back against?

Stephen.