Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-raj-dhc-tftp-addr-option-04

2008-12-03 12:32:49
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

It seems to me that there is a middle ground here.   One can
stick with Informational publication as the WG intends, but
still modify the Security Considerations section, not only to
remove the reference to option 66 (if there is consensus that is
appropriate) but to add some explanation about why the use of
this option without authentication might be problematic.
I'm inclined to agree with John here.

Likewise.

And thank you for providing the clarification on how widely this option is used. Given that date, I withdraw the suggestion that the doc not be published.

-- Sam