regarding TSL authorization

2009-02-09 17:32:52
It has come to my attention, that the patent encumbered method known as "TSL
authorization" is again being considered for inclusion.

I must object to this, as RedPhone has only granted a royalty-free license for
developers, but not for end users. This naturally makes TSL authorization
unsuitable for inclusion in an official standard, as this would effectively
make it a proprietary standard for end users.

There are currently two viable options:
A) Don't include it, and use another method that can solve the same problem.
B) Obtain a royalty-free license for ALL users from RedPhone.

Yours sincerely:
Anders Juel Jensen, Denmark.