Re: Fourth Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2009-02-10 20:23:18

I'm writing to ask you not to approve the proposed patent-encumbered standard for TLS authorization.

We've achieved a massive technological progress, thanks to IETF and other bodies which strive for standardization of OPEN specifications.

Allowing a patent-encumbered (without a non-revokable royalty-free license) standard to be approved, will weaken not only the IETF, but the open standards community as a whole.

I urge the IETF to send a strong signal in support of TRUE OPEN STANDARDS by rejecting this proposed standard until RedPhone provide a non-revokable, royalty-free license for all users.

Thanks,
Pablo Kohan

--
|   Pablo 'merKur' Kohan      \   \  /                                |
|  mailto:pablo(_at_)ximpo(_dot_)com      /\   \   your open source of
solutions |
| Phone:  +972-54-422-5371    /  \   \                                |
| Fax:    +972-50-681-1928    --------      http://www.ximpo.com/     |