About tls-authz-standard

2009-02-10 20:25:39
To whom it may concern,
I've heard that you have changed status of 'TLS authorization' standard to
'proposed standard'. From what I've heard 'TLS authorization' is patent
encumbered and therefore not fully open for anyone to implement. I'm deeply
concerned by the situation, as patented standards threaten software developers
and users alike, forbidding them to use the standard unless they pay the
patent holder. I must ask you to delay standardization of 'TLS authorization'
until patent holder, RedPhone Security, provides royalty-free license for all
users.

Thank you for reading.
Marek Aaron Sapota