Please say NO to the TLS-authz standard

2009-02-10 20:30:30
Dear Sirs,

As members of the Romanian standardization body (ASRO), we (ZANDO COMPUTER)
would like to express our concern on the attempt to adopt international
standards that are affected by proprietary patents.

The recent "TLS Authorizations Extensions" standard (
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tls/draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-07.txt) is such a
case - the company RedPhone Security being the patent holder.

We respectfully ask IETF members to reconsider the adoption of a standard
that hampers the true interoperability between systems by legal means such
as proprietary patents.

Sincerely yours,

Răzvan Sandu
CEO of ZANDO COMPUTER SRL