Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Extensions

2009-02-11 17:13:25
As a developer of a network IDS (http://realeyes.sourceforge.net) that
is licensed under the GPL, I am very concerned about the proposed
patent-encumbered standard for TLS authorization.  If this becomes a
recommended standard, I am afraid that I would not be able to include
analysis of it in my application, which could impact its effectiveness
for the system users.

I urge you to not proceed with the approval of this standard, unless a
royalty free license is provided to all implementations of the protocol.

Sincerely,

Jim Sansing
Lead developer, Realeyes IDS