Re: [Fwd: Re: Changes needed to Last Call boilerplate]

2009-02-16 10:00:47

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

Jari Arkko wrote:

Note that this opinion is entirely separate from the value of the comments. Repetition and mail bombing is not valuable. Well justified opinions are very valuable. The latter may come from both inside and outside the IETF; sometimes experts on some topic can be persuaded to send in a comment, but not to subscribe to lists or engage in lengthy debate.
I think anyone who posts to the IETF list should have his unsubscribe function disabled for a week.
That seems like a punishment that fits the crime.

(despite the obvious workarounds)

But first, subscribing must be required, or automatic with the post confirmtion. I thought my 2 day penalty box was radical, but a week
would be fine with me.

Dave Morris