Re: Previous consensus on not changing patent policy (Re: References to Redphone's "patent")

2009-02-16 18:08:16
But are the 1,000 or so emails in recent days from the FSF campaign
not a loud enough hum to recognize that our IPR policy is out of
tune?

Are you really saying that all it takes is a mob motivated by an
misleading screed to make the IETF change direction?

From the sample of the FSF letters I read, many of the people writing
didn't know the difference between Redphone and Red Hat, and if as
many as two of them had even looked at the draft or IPR disclosure in
question, it'd be a lot.

The FSF's absolutist position on patents was set in stone 20 years
ago.  I don't see why we should be impressed if they occasionally
throw a handful of pebbles at us.

R's,
John