Re: Last Call: draft-crocker-email-arch (Internet Mail Architecture) to Proposed Standard

2009-02-27 21:53:10

At 8:30 PM -0500 2/27/09, John C Klensin wrote:
Instead, it
references (given how little text is in the Internationalization
section, "incorporates by reference" might be more accurate) a
somewhat-outdated private consortium document that has never had
anything resembling formal IETF review.

+1. I am slowly going through draft-crocker-email-arch, but when I saw John
bring this up, I thought it had to be a mistake.

I haven't touched the reference in question in over a decade. (There is no URL
for the document in the draft, but it can be found at
<http://www.imc.org/mail-i18n.html>.) For those of you checking your
chronometers, that means it predates IDNs, much less EAI.

It should not be referenced in a modern architecture document.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium