Security Assessment of TCP (was: draft-gont-tcp-security)

2009-04-13 14:25:38
Hello, folks,

A few months ago there had been a thread on this list about the
publication of the UK CPNI document "Security Assessment of the
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)" (available at:
http://www.cpni.gov.uk/Docs/tn-03-09-security-assessment-TCP.pdf).

After the publication of that document, I produced an IETF I-D version
of it, which is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-tcp-security-00

Two possible venues for this document are tcpm and opsec. And we're
currently trying to figure out the best path forward.

One of the tcpm co-chairs (Wesley Eddy) has started a thread on this
issue (see bellow).

My personal take is that the IETF is responsible for the maintenance of
its protocols, and this effort carried ut by the UK CPNI should be
welcome, and the IETF should take the chance and benefit from this work
to publish advice on TCP security/resiliency.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Fernando Gont