Re: My resignation

2009-04-19 15:33:53
How elegant a comment!
A very good example of "ability to participate constructively in the
consensus building process".

My father is a dedicated old sick academic (Maths) who joined the IETF and
then ISOC to help in his capacity of informed elder. He believed,  like Mr.
Steve Crocker and may be still some of you, in the IETF values in spite of
JFC warnings that he could be hurt.

He wanted to show that the Internet is a system which belongs to everyone
(RFC 3271) and the IETF a true democratic endeavour where everyone can
contribute - even if one is not a "smart wasp". He thought that he could be
one of the people interested in its
evolution are from every culture under the sun and from all walks of life.
He explained me that the IETF puts its emphasis on technical competence,
rough consensus and individual participation, and is to be open to competent
input from any source. In human language and working interfacing, believe me
he is far more an expert than any of those I read lately.

- First, there were phone calls home from WG-LTRU people, frightening my
mother. So, he had to get red listed.
- Then, there was the ISOC France incredible dispute and ISOC World
attitude.
- the the insults - hapilly not from everyone (thank you Mr. Carpenter).
- Then the attitude of this WG which was permitted, I would say led, by its
most famous and respected Chair.
- I fear that Mr. Everson, Mr. Seng, Mr. Py, etc.  may excel in some aspects
of their trade but they appear not to do so in "polite linguistics".