Re: DNS over SCTP (was: Re: [Asrg] DNS-based Email Sender Authentication Mechanisms: a Critical Review

2009-05-28 09:15:47
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 03:04:19PM +0200,
 Alessandro Vesely <vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it> wrote
 a message of 30 lines which said:

I thought TCP was the default when the UDP message size is not
enough.

Well, in theory, it should be EDNS0 (standardized in the previous
century) but, in practice, it has deployment issues, like everything
which was invented after Jon Postel's death.

It seems that DNS over SCTP would solve 90% of the problems with 10%
of the efforts and resources required to implement DNSSEC. However,
I hear more often about the latter than the former. How come?

I've read this message via the IETF general mailing list and so I
missed the beginning. In what way can you compare DNSSEC (which
provides object security) and SCTP or TCP (which provide a better
channel security for DNS)?