Re: [Unicode Announcement] New Public Review Issue #147: Proposed Deprecation of U+0673 ARABIC LETTER ALEF WITH WAVY HAMZA BELOW

2009-06-02 12:11:22
Looking at character frequencies in web documents, the frequency of U+0673
cannot be separated from noise. Haven't yet looked at URLs.

Mark

2009/6/1 Shawn Steele <Shawn(_dot_)Steele(_at_)microsoft(_dot_)com>

I'm curious how this impacts IDNA2003 compatibility and particularly the
proposed IDNA2008 mappings.  I suppose it is unlikely that this character is
currently registered in a "real" URL?

-Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: idna-update-bounces(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no [mailto:
idna-update-bounces(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no] On Behalf Of Patrik Fältström
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:56 AM
To: IETF Discussion; IDNA update work
Subject: Fwd: [Unicode Announcement] New Public Review Issue #147: Proposed
Deprecation of U+0673 ARABIC LETTER ALEF WITH WAVY HAMZA BELOW

As the liaison from IETF to the Unicode Consortium, I would like to make
the IETF community aware of the following opening for public comments.

The character U+0673 ARABIC LETTER ALEF WITH WAVY HAMZA BELOW that the
review is related to has today the derived property value "PVALID" in the
current proposal discussed in the IDNABIS working group.

Because of this, I encourage interested parties to respond to the questions
stated below.

I am confident IETF and Unicode Consortium will be able to synchronize the
two standards so that there is no incompatibility issues.

    Patrik Fältström

Begin forwarded message: