Re: I-D Action:draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-01.txt

2009-06-09 08:28:57
On Tue Jun  9 12:57:45 2009, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
  I don't like it when the IETF is abused
for marketing purposes.

To be fair:

a) This one is *just* a poorly written draft, rather than also being filled with Apple product name-dropping, and gushing remarks about The Jobs.

b) Apple are, at least, producing a public specification in a reasonable forum for discussion.

Overall, then, credit where credit is due - Apple do appear to be improving. Maybe it'll rub off on some of the other large and trendy companies.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net