Re: Decentralising the DNS

2009-06-12 12:31:33
On 12 Jun 2009, at 16:43, Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
The idea to put something into a DHT has been suggest for almost
everything by now, including the DNS. If you search for "DHT DNS" then
you can find a couple of papers.

Thanks, but it actually occurred to me that it didn't solve the problem of authority, which is really the source of the DNSSec trouble. (Can't say I'm all bothered about the current situation; it's been this way for years, after all, and there's still a release mechanism.) The issue was trust, and the need for delegaters to control what they delegated, unless of course we change the whole registration model. Hmm - might be more than the 'net can stand just at the moment.

Cheers,
Sabahattin