Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery (HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)) to Proposed Standard

2009-06-24 13:32:28

So to follow up on the gen-art and sec reviews (thank you btw) ... I tried to look at all the traffic and I put the changes into an RFC Ed note. Please have a look at this and let me know if I did not get it right. Thanks, Cullen

In first paragraph of section 3 change

OLD:
   This document does not specify how LI is
   determined.

New:
   This document assumes that the Device and Access Provider have no
   prior relationship other than what is necessary for the Device to
   obtain network access.  This document does not specify how LI is
   determined.

In section 8, change
Old:
  The LIS MUST NOT rely on device support for cookies [RFC2965] or use
  Basic or Digest authentication [RFC2617].

New:

  A Device that conforms to this specification MAY choose not to
  support for HTTP authentication [RFC2617] or cookies [RFC2965].
  Because the Device and the LIS may not necessarily have a prior
  relationship, the LIS SHOULD NOT require a Device to authenticate,
  either using the above HTTP authentication methods or TLS client
  authentication.  Unless all Devices that access a LIS can be expected
  to be able to authenticate in a certain fashion, denying access to
  location information could prevent a Device from using
  location-dependent services, such as emergency calling.

Add the following paragraph to the end of  Section 6.6:
New:
   The LIS MUST NOT include any means of identifying the Device in
   the PIDF-LO unless it is able to verify that the identifier is
   correct and inclusion of identity is expressly permitted by a Rule
   Maker.  Therefore, PIDF parameters that contain identity are either
   omitted or contain unlinked pseudonyms [RFC3693].  A unique,
   unlinked presentity URI SHOULD be generated by the LIS for the
   mandatory presence “entity” attribute of the PIDF document.
   Optional parameters such as the “contact” element and the
   “deviceID” element [RFC4479] are not used.