Re: Possible TLP discussion list

2009-07-08 09:02:45
Marshall,

For whatever my opinion is worth, there are two rather separate
issues with the TLP.  One is the procedure to be used for such
proposals, where they get initiated, how they are approved, etc.
That topic pretty much has to be sorted out on the IETF list --
doing it anywhere else almost guarantees consensus only among
those who are willing to spend a lot of their time on process,
rather than among those who are materially affected.  The other
is the details of particular policy plans once the broader issue
is resolved.

Given that separation, I might favor a tlp-discuss list, but
believe that its creation, and shifting of discussion there, at
this point would be undesirable and inappropriate.

     john

--On Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:54 -0400 Marshall Eubanks