Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-hollenbeck-rfc4933bis-02

2009-07-13 18:23:16
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-hollenbeck-rfc4933bis-02
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date: 13 July 2009
IESG Telechat date: 16 July 2009

The draft is ready for publication. However, I have a couple of minor comments about the implementation report at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFCs3730-3734_implem.txt that may relate to the progression to draft standard.

(I apologize for not making these comments sooner--this is the first progression to draft that I have reviewed, and only recently had thoughts on the implementation report.)

Major issues:

None.

Minor issues:

I have a a couple comments about the implementation report. I do not necessarily consider them blocking issues; I bring them up merely for consideration.

-- The implementation report refers to RFC and draft versions that are (at least) a couple of generations old. I assume that the authors believe that they also apply to this draft, but it would be good to have an explicit assertion of that.

-- It would help to have an explicit assertion whether the report author believes the standard meets the requirements to progress to draft. I think the report implies a "yes", but it leaves the reader to draw that conclusion.

Nits/editorial comments:

None