Re: Update to the IETF Web Site

2009-07-14 16:43:21
Barry,

The old WG charter pages will redirect to the new URLs, so all bookmarked links will continue to function.

Regards,
Alexa

On Jun 24, 2009, at 1:45 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:

an overhaul of the IETF web site. The goals for the new site were simple
and included:

1) Make it easier for those who are new to the IETF to get involved;

2) Make it easier for experienced community members to access the
  tools and information they most need; and

3) Ensure that the web site is compliant with W3C standards and
  accessible to as many people as possible.

Going at number two:
I see that the URLs for the working group charters change:
 OLD...
   http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dkim-charter.html
 NEW...
   http://www6.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/dkim.html

The thing is that people have placed links to the working group
charters in many, many places, some of which will be cumbersome to
update (blogs, for example).  The same is true for RFCs, and, less
importantly, though not to be ignored, Internet Drafts.  Because the
documents don't have links off of www.ietf.org, they'll probably be
OK.

Please, I strongly urge you to at least make aliases so that the old
".../html.charters/WGNAME-charter.html" links still work.  There
really are links to them all over the place.

Thanks...
Barry Leiba

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris(_at_)amsl(_dot_)com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>