Re: DNS Interception

2009-07-17 08:06:17
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:29:40AM -0700,
 SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 143 lines which said:

At the end of the day, whether we like it or not, there will be DNS
interception.  The IETF can provide input for decision makers, be it
ISPs or regulatory bodies, by documenting the technique and/or
practice.

At the end of the day, whether we like it or not, there will be *many*
bad things in the world. Even if we limit ourselves to the Internet, a
lot of awful things are already taking place and the IETF does not
feel the need (and rightly so) to document them all.

IETF is a SDO, its task is to develop standards, not to write books
describing all the strange and bad things found in the wild.