15-20 years ago at the IETF

2009-07-29 15:21:15
At the plenary tonight, I commented on some folk who in the first set of IETF Area Directors.

Area Directors and the IESG were first organized in 1989. In researching this bit of history, I was quite struck by the percentage of that early set of Area Directors who are still active in the IETF.

Besides myself, I cited Ross Callon, Bob Hinden, and Steve Crocker.

As I say, that was in the very first set.

But within the next 5 years (up to 1994) the list of still-active early ADs includes: Dave Borman, Allison Mankin, John Klensin, Scott Bradner and Joel Halpern.

There are a lot of ISPs that would love a churn rate that low...

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking