Re: ietf-charsets archive gone?

2009-08-13 13:22:33
ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> it was just pointed out to me that it's hard (impossible?) to find the
>> archive for the ietf-charsets mailing list.
>
>> <http://www.iana.org/assignments/charset-info> points to
>> <http://mail.apps.ietf.org/ietf/charsets/maillist.html>, but that 404s
>> (maybe just recently?).
>
> Fairly recently I think; it was simply a matter of the server being
> down. It's
> up now.
>
>> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/list/nonwg/> mentions the list, but
>> doesn't point to an archive (I did find a copy at lists.w3.org, but it
>> stops in 2004).
>
>> What's going on here?
>
> Very little as far as I can tell.

Ned, thinks for fixing this.

I'm now trying to subscribe, using the instructions at
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/charset-info>, but do not get any
response back. Is this a known issue?

There's no issue at all, if you check you'll see that you have already been
subscribed to the list. It just doesn't happen instantly, that's all.

95%+ of the subscription requests for this list are clearly attempts to
subscribe something bogus to the list. Legit requests occur at a rate of a
couple every year, so it's set for manual request moderation.

                                Ned