Re: One Day Pass Proposal was Re: One Day Pass for newcomers

2009-08-24 17:53:52

On Aug 24, 2009, at 5:21 PM, James M. Polk wrote:

I think this doesn't address the concern about having a meeting agenda done before anyone needs to make travel adjustments. Quite simply having the agenda done the week before any meeting in the past 30 makes any flight or hotel booking adjustments laughable.

This pressure to have a more robust agenda will be amplified greatly by those that count on sessions being on any one given day (say, on that provided on any version of a draft agenda) -- and will possibly explode some individuals when any session *they* wanted to go to gets moved off their day of choice.

I don't see this mentioned in Ray's proposal -- though I don't have a good suggestion to solve this, as many things go into getting the agenda done early, even though its availability hasn't delivered it any earlier.

These are valid observations, but I don't see that they affect the current day pass proposal. We plan to allow freedom to change the pass at will. While I would love to be able to change airline policy to match, I don't think they will listen to the IETF on this issue.

Regards
Marshall

James