Re: [PART-I] Gen-ART LC and Telechat Review of draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-10

2009-08-27 18:13:32
Ben,

Thanks for your review!

Wrt. authorization, the document does make it clear that bulk revocation requires explicit authorization (search for "authorization"). The document does not say how to achieve this, but I would assume a global configuration flag or a list of authorized peers. We could add this to the document, if you think it helps.

When it comes to non-bulk revocation messages, I'm not sure their requirements are any different from the rest of the signaling. First, the protocol intrinsically enables only the revocation of sessions created by the two parties. Secondly, existing messages can already be used to create and delete sessions from clients -- binding revocation simply adds a capability to do that from the server side as well. Additional requirements for authorization mechanisms could be added here, but I'm not sure its needed.

Jari