Re: Concerns about individual submissions process (c.f. RFC5647 AES-GCM for Secure Shell)

2009-09-03 13:08:05
On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 11:52:47AM +0300, Jari Arkko wrote:
As Brian notes, the formal messages go out on ietf-announce. However, I

Indeed.  I completely forgot about that.  I get so many IETF
announcements that I didn't realize that I was not on that particular
list.  That's my fault, and I'm embarrassed :/

think all the ADs sponsoring individual documents attempt to reach the
right audience. This includes personally reminding key contributors,
forwarding the last call announcement to a mailing list if one is still
known, etc. We also say so in our published procedures:

http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/ad-sponsoring-docs.html

Indeed.  I would not likely have missed an e-mail to the old SECSH WG.

Of course, its also easy to forget to do this in the midst of all other
things that are going on.

Understood.  I've subscribed to ietf-announce, so I won't miss any such
individual I-D IETF LCs again.

Thanks for your replies!

Nico