Re: IETF Trust response to the appeal by John C Klensin (July 18, 2009

2009-09-03 20:16:39

--On Thursday, September 03, 2009 15:42 -0700 IETF
Administrative Director <iad(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:

Greetings;

The IETF Trust has considered the appeal by John C Klensin on
July 18, 2009 and has posted a response at the Trust appeals
page, http://trustee.ietf.org/trustappeals.html

The Trustees request that discussion of this response be on the
tlp-interest list, tlp-interest(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, with cc to
trustees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org .

The entire response has been posted to the tlp-interest list.

While I sincerely hope that this does not have to become the
subject of another appeal, and while I believe it is quite
reasonable for the Trustees to request that discussion of
properly-formulated license policy drafts be moved to the
tlp-interest list, the appeal was not significantly about the
_content_ of the latest TLP draft.  Instead, it was about the
behavior of the Trustees and their interactions with the IETF
Community.  _That_ discussion is better carried out on the IETF
list, in plain sight of the community, even that portion who do
not feel personally compelled to track the of IPR policies.

    john