Re: [IAB] Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-18 16:47:34
    > From: Paul Wouters <paul(_at_)xelerance(_dot_)com>

    > Perhaps appropriate people could inform about organisational matters
    > with others who have more experience, for example the IOC.

Umm, you're not being ironic here, are you?

I'm wondering, because as I assume you are aware, a number of promises were
made to the IOC before the Olympics, in order to get the event, and those
promises were blatantly utterly ignored when the event actually started. So I
don't know if your reference to the IOC was an allusion to all that.

IMO, after the un-kept promises made before the Olympics, any organization
would be terminally naive to accept at face value any representations or
committments made by that government prior to an event. They might keep them,
they might not.

        Noel