Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-idnabis-bidi (Right-to-left scripts for IDNA) to Draft Standard

2009-10-01 11:23:52
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Simon Josefsson
<simon(_at_)josefsson(_dot_)org> wrote:
I object to publishing these IDNA documents as a Draft Standard.  I
don't view IDNA2008 as a revision of the earlier IDNA2003 protocol.  The
design goals have changed since the first IDNA version.  Finally, there
have been little implementation experience with the new protocol.

I would support publication as Proposed Standard.

You are absolutely correct and this is a pilot error on my part.  I
didn't notice the documents were automatically listed as going for
Draft Standard in the tracking tools when I issued the Last Call.  SM
pointed out that the Last Call announcement mentioned implementation
reports but I didn't realize what caused that error. I will look into
fixing this and reissuing the Last Call announcements.

Lisa