Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements (RequirementsforOAMin MPLS Transport Networks) to Proposed Standard

2009-10-06 15:19:01
Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the mistake, I have resend the mail to IETF.

As for your comments about specific requirements, IMHO, I think most of the
requirements in the document are actually a little bit generic.And requirement
21 of RFC 5654 is so generic as well. The proposed requirement is specifying
what that requirement means in the context of OAM.

Another comments is about the Diagnostic Tests which include loopback and
estimation of bandwidth. From a carrier's viewpoint, I think loopback and Route
Tracing belonging to the same tpye of function, Bandwidth Measurement and
Packet loss Measurement belonging to the same tpye of function. So I propose to
make loopback as a individual requirement just as Route Tracing.

Best regards

Ruiquan Jing

China Telecom