Re: IAB/IAOC/IETF Trust Minutes

2009-10-27 09:17:45

On Oct 27, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

SM wrote:
Posting documents in a format that involves text files with very
long lines that require horizontal scrolling with many systems
is not a favor to the community or an aid to ready
comprehensibility.

A stray thought:

While it is always better to have an explicitly appointed scribe, I wonder whether a collaborative approach might help in the situations lacking this.
Dave, an interesting proposal. The good news is that starting this month Karen O'Donoghue has volunteered to be the IAOC and Trust scribe. We are pleased to have someone with Karen's IETF experience.

Moreover there are many meeting minutes that will emerge from the review and approval process soon. These minutes will have much more information than previously and this practice will continue.

Ray

I'm thinking that a jabber session for a meeting would permit all participants to post their comments of what is happening as the meeting progresses. This would not be a public session; its sole purpose would be to make an archive of notes that could then be lightly massaged into minutes.

If everyone in the meeting is recruited to assist, I suspect the result could be reasonably comprehensive.

d/
--

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking