Re: Sponsorship for FOSS developers

2009-10-31 14:10:51
Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

On 10/30/09 2:01 PM, Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
Roni Even wrote:
Henry,

I see travel budget and willingness to travel as part of the commitment
to participate in the work a working group.
I will not comment on this, but I wonder if ISOC could not have a Sponsorship
program for FOSS developers, similar to the existing sponsorship.  After all,
FOSS developers are the one writing the really good code for the Internet this
days, and the less likely to be able to secure a travel budget to attend the
IETF meetings.
That's a great idea. It might help us stay closer to running code, too.
I think this is an excellent idea.