Re: XML2RFC and 2010?

2010-01-11 05:16:59
Glen Zorn wrote:
I can get the same thing by using a date element like <date
year="2009"> and
making xml2rfc fill in the rest.  Change it to <date year="2010"> :-).
Yes. Both xml2rfc and rfc2629.xslt allow you to default year/month/day,
but only as long as the values you *do* provide match the current date.

For IDs, my recommendation is to *always* set all three elements, so
that when the document is regenerated later again, it will have the
proper submission date.

I'm a little puzzled by this: why would I want to regenerate a draft?

Maybe you only have the XML source under version control, and you want to check the actual text you submitted? (without relying on somebody else having it archived).

Best regards, Julian