Re: Last Call: draft-allbery-afs-srv-records

2010-01-11 10:19:19
Alfred Hönes <ah(_at_)TR-Sys(_dot_)de> writes:

I'm sure the authors are willing to provide the proper registration
if and when that new registry will be finalized, should that still
be deemed necessary after the data harvesting by IANA for the initial
population of that registry.

I'm happy to revise this document for any SRV record changes in the future
and produce new RFCs as needed to align with new procedures.
Unsurprisingly, I selfishly would prefer not to wait on significant
re-engineering of SRV record management if it's going to take some time.
As Alfred says, I don't think this document adds new problems that would
have to be taken into account by such work.  It tries to align as closely
as possible with how SRV records are used for other existing services.

I suspect I'd argue that Cyrus's work also shouldn't be blocked.  :)

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>