Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost

2010-02-16 11:06:03
On 15/02/2010 7:43 PM, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:
On 15/02/2010 6:37 PM, Martin Rex wrote:
Mark Andrews wrote:

In
message<201002151420(_dot_)o1FEKCMx024227(_at_)fs4113(_dot_)wdf(_dot_)sap(_dot_)corp>,
 Martin
Rex writes
:
OK, I'm sorry. For the DNSsec GOST signature I-D, the
default/prefered (?)
parameter sets are explicitly listed in last paragraph of section 2
of draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost-06. However, it does _NOT_ say what to
do if GOST R34.10-2001 signatures with other parameter sets are
encountered.

Since each end adds the parameters and they are NOT transmitted this
can never happen. If one end was to change the parameters then nothing
would validate.

OK. I didn't know anything abouth DNSSEC when I entered the disussion...

Having scanned some of the available document (rfc-4034,rfc-4035,rfc-2536
and the expired I-D draft-ietf-dnsext-ecc-key-10.txt) I'm wondering
about the following:

- the DNS security algorithm tag ought to be GOST R34.10-2001
and not just "GOST"

This is a good point, adding a version label is a possiblity in this
case or just in the future cases, but I think slapping one on
this is fine.

- DSA and the expired ECC draft spell out the entire algorithm
parameters in the key RRs, which preclues having to assign
additional algorithm identifiers if a necessity comes up to
use different algorithm parameters.
DSA did not cover the case if the key is > 1024 bit.
ECC draft was killed due to the fact it was impossible to guarantee that
a implementation supporting ECC would be able to handle all the
possible curves that the proposal allowed.

To clarify ECC draft killed == draft-ietf-dnsext-ecc-key

        Olafur