Re: OpenDNS today announced it has adopted DNSCurve to secure DNS

2010-02-24 11:08:41

On 2/24/2010 8:50 AM, tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu wrote:
If it were up to me, I'm not sure I'd want to bet the DNS
infrastructure on whether or not patent lawyers with shark-skin
briefcases want to make a mint by instigating a lawsuit.  As we've
seen with the SCO lawsuit, even completely groundless legal disputes
can take years and years, and the only winner is the lawyers.  And
we've seen how much public key deployment was held back because of the
RSA patents; and most people who have lived through those dark times
really don't want to revisit them again.

right.

(shudder)

d/
--